GPA for sale

Here you can post your wanted parts or sell your GPA parts.

Moderator: bobassel

Darcy_Miller

GPA for sale

Post by Darcy_Miller » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:55 am

I have decided to sell my GPA project. Running M.V. Spares and having too many projects at the same time means adjustments are required and with my wife’s encouragement I have decided a number of projects need to go and the GPA is one of them. It is an all matching numbers GPA the serial number is GPA-8352 - D.O.D 2-16-43.
I bought this GPA a few years ago and have been collecting the parts required for its restoration and I believe the majority of the important parts required are now with the GPA. It is a typical Australian GPA where the bow has been cut off but a complete bow section is included, also as you will see from the photographs most of any hull repair panels are already made and supplied.
Also there are additional sections of another GPA which can be used for repair of the original hull.
The transmission / transfer / PTO have already been rebuilt also the winch has been fully overhauled, some of the deck panels including the cowl have been professionally restored and there are some duplicates of floors and a spare cowl although the spare cowl does require repair.
There are three GPA engines with the project including the original engine plus GPA-10438 and GPA-6557. All three have been dismantled and professionally chemically cleaned and crack and pressure tested. The original engine does have some cracks but the other two are perfect. Included with the project but not shown in the pictures are many new parts to rebuild one engine back to standard piston sizes, these are a set of cylinder liners, set of pistons, valves, guides, springs, timing chain and sprocket kit, modern gasket set. All components for each engine are carefully packed in separate marked cartons and the crankshafts have been reassembled back into their respective blocks.
Also a Hand Bilge Pump, also from M.V. Spares products the following will be included, GPA wiring kit, Marker Lights, Tail Lights, Headlight Switch, Dash switches, Temperature Gauge, Oil pressure gauge, oil can bracket, Fire Extinguisher bracket, in fact anything on the M.V. Spares web site that should be on a GPA will be included.
In some of the photographs the GPA does not have combat rims but it will be fitted with a set of five as these are currently at the sand blasters and upon their return they will be primed and fitted to the GPA, the wheels in the photographs are off my M38A1 and don’t go with the GPA.
The price for this project is $75,000 US and considering what is there and its final value I believe this is a reasonable price and will only recover my actual outlay to date.
Pictures can be seen at this link http://www.flickr.com/photos/60672995@N02/ and if you need additional photographs or information please pm me or email darcy@mvspares.com .

Darcy Miller