wehre to by?

Here you can post your wanted parts or sell your GPA parts.

Moderator: bobassel

cj3b

wehre to by?

Post by cj3b » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:54 pm

hi
i'm new in this forum. i'm daniel and i live in the "heart" of switzerland. im restoring for 15 years old jeeps (from MB to cj5/6)

my english is no the best, i hope you will understand it .. lol ...

now i lost my heart to the seep. its a realy funny car and i like funny things.... no realy, im verry interestet of the gpa, but i dont now very mutch about this car. now i have 2 or 3 questions..

wat is th price (more or less) for a old one, not in perfect condition, and now the question of the questions wehere i get one of these cars..

maybe, you will find im a little bit crazy, or not very realistic, but anyway, thanks for your informations and your help.

regards

Dan

Donovan

Re: wehre to by?

Post by Donovan » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Dan,

Welcome to the forum?

Where to buy a GPA. A lot of people are asking the same question. There are very few left that are unrestored and they can range in price from $15,000-$45,000+ unrestored. Generally the more complete the GPA is the more cost. If you try buying one that has a lot of missing parts you generally will pay dearly trying to acquire the parts later or buying reproduction, if you can find the parts. It could take many years.

So what I am telling you is keep you ears open and find out as much as you can about the vehicle so that if you are able to find one that you can be reasonably intelligent on what it has and does not have for the price you may pay for it. Good luck and good hunting.

Donovan.

P.S. It took me years to find one but I did find one and have since had the opportunity to buy another (but missed out by several hours!). You just have to keep looking and ask everyone for leads.
GPA 11374

leo verhagen
C-SICK

Post by leo verhagen » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:54 pm

Hello Dan,

I agree with the good advice given by Donovan.
First learn all there is to learn about this vehicle, start by reading all the previous posts on this great forum.
A complete restored gpa is very hard too find and therefore also quite expensive.
An unrestored one can be found, just keep asking and keep on showing interest.
My search took 1 year, I missed one, because I did not have the money ready at that time, and was lucky another one came for sale only a little later.

If you find one, be prepared to travel instantly and make shure you have the money ready when you need it. You must response fast, many more are looking for one.
I was very lucky finding my GPA in Belgium within 100 miles from my home. But I know GPA owners who had to travel to New-Zealand, Mexico, South Africa, etc.

Good luck finding one, and ask all the questions you have on this Forum.
Regards,

Leo Verhagen

http://communities.zeelandnet.nl/data/fordgpa/index.php

Ford GPA#8787 d.o.d. 27 Feb '43
Ford GPW#87243 d.o.d. 21 December '42
Willys MBT waiting for restoration

Donovan

Post by Donovan » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:12 am

Dan,

Low and behold an unrestored GPA appears to be for sale (in England) over at G503.com in the amphibian section. Move quickly!!!

Donovan.
GPA 11374

cj3b

Post by cj3b » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:05 am

hi

thank you all for the fast and informative responses.....
...by the other gpa in the forum..... i was to late i think..hehe... dont worry,be happy.

now i will search the www, and learn mutch as possible about this vehicle....

thank you and regards

Dan