GPA fuel filler neck

Here you can post your wanted parts or sell your GPA parts.

Moderator: bobassel

dmolasov

GPA fuel filler neck

Post by dmolasov » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:10 am

My cohort Bob Fulcher, working from very detailed specs and drawings that Richard Sanders provded from an original fuel filler neck, has made a limited number of very exact copies. Anyone interested in acquiring one from Bob should contact him at bobf@american-classic.com or telephone him at 508-278-0020. I believe he is selling these at $695. They went through several iterations before they were perfected. Photos of the fuel filler necks may be seen at http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/showgal ... ppuser=607.

I'm sorry but I can't figure out how to import the pictures. I'd be grateful if someone else does it. My problem is complicated by the fact that my version of the G504 forum is appearing in Dutch, which I can't read.

Thanks.

Regards,

David Olasov
GPA 3936
037f_1.jpg

David Olasov
Brooklyn, NY

GPA 3936 (date of delivery 12/12/42)

acmack

Re: GPA fuel filler neck

Post by acmack » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:51 am

Same with me. I get only Dutch text. David (in the USA)
GPA 9545
GPA 10568
1965 Apollo BP capsule A36
1960 Gemini BP capsule MSC 312

fordgpa
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fordgpa » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:42 am

Hi Guys ,

I switched the forum back to english , if you read a other topic dutch language maybe this is of help
please let me know if the problem is solved this way

Peter

richardfs

Post by richardfs » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:07 pm

Hi,
My fuel filler neck arrived today from Bob Fulcher.

It is a very nice peice of craftsman ship. When it comes to repo GPA parts I am not interested unless they are identical to the originals.

When I heard David and Bob were going to try and make them from photos I must admit I was concerned. In my opinion it takes very little more effort to make some thing correctly rather than near enough. I was fortunate to have an original neck in poor condition that a friend of mine had dismantelled in the hopes of repairing it, and another borrowed one in perfect condition. By being able to make an engineering drawing from these parts we were able to send Bob some very precise dimmensions.
The results speak for them selves. They are exact replicas.

I know this is not one of the cheaper parts you may have to buy for your GPA, but it is one of the hardest parts to locate. In 30 years of being around GPA,s this the first time I have seen spare ones for sale.
Do not hesitate too long if this part is missing from your GPA.

Thank you David and Bob for a job well done.

Best regards
Richard Sanders