Brass Nuts to connect bilge pipes to pump and changeover

Here you can post your wanted parts or sell your GPA parts.

Moderator: bobassel

Alec

Brass Nuts to connect bilge pipes to pump and changeover

Post by Alec » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:06 pm

I am now cleaning and overhauling my bilge pumping system. All is going well, even the bilge pump pulley has surrendered half a century of rust, and has come apart.
But I need three more of the large brass nuts that hold the piping to the pump and changeover thing. These are two-and-five-eigths inches across the flats, one-and-five-sixteenths inches deep, and have a thread of 14tpi. The diameter of the male union is two-and-a-quarter inches
They are mighty chunks of brass
I had supposed, wrongly, that most marine chandlers would have something similar, but am having no luck at all. Surely someone (who has dismantled a wreck, for instance) must have some spares.
Can anyone help, please ?
Alec

Donovan

Post by Donovan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:00 pm

Alec,

Richard Sanders makes repros of these compression nuts. Check with him (they are pretty good reproductions) at

richard@completedrives.com.au.

Good luck,

Donovan.
GPA 11374

fordgpa
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fordgpa » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:30 am

ALEC ,
Look at his new website http://www.richardmilitaryparts.com.au/

Peter

Alec

Post by Alec » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:26 am

Thanks very much, chaps. Now you have pointed them out, I see them in his list. The fact that he is making them means that my search in London proving fruitless is not so surprising after all. It seems to me that Richard Sanders is the answer to most of my questions.
Alec