Model Maker looking for help

Discussions & announcements

Moderator: bobassel

Sifromdevon

Model Maker looking for help

Post by Sifromdevon » Mon May 16, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi Guys

I am currently building a 1/6th model of a GPA and wondered if anyone had photos of the front deck they could post. Any help would be most appreciated.
I have attached a photo or two of my model at present. This was a mock up for a model show I recently attended. The hull is GRP the deck is actually part of the plug for the deck moulding i'm doing hence the request for detail images. Many thanks the forum is great research material as it is the little details which give the better impression.

regards

Si

(the Pepsi can gives an indication of scale)

The hull still need trimming to size and detailing with the ribs adding etc but it gives you an indication what my finished model will look like. Comments are welcome but be nice, you have the real thing to play with I have to make mine from scratch.........

leo verhagen
C-SICK

Re: Model Maker looking for help

Post by leo verhagen » Mon May 16, 2011 9:10 pm

I hope this photo is a good start, keep on going, looking forward to see the final result of your model.
You can also look at the website below of my restoration of my full scaled GPA.

Regards,

Leo Verhagen

http://communities.zeelandnet.nl/data/fordgpa/index.php

Ford GPA#8787 d.o.d. 27 Feb '43
Ford GPW#87243 d.o.d. 21 December '42
Willys MBT waiting for restoration

Sifromdevon

Re: Model Maker looking for help

Post by Sifromdevon » Tue May 17, 2011 2:08 am

leo verhagen wrote:I hope this photo is a good start, keep on going, looking forward to see the final result of your model.
You can also look at the website below of my restoration of my full scaled GPA.

Many thanks Leo, your current website is fantastic and will provide superb reference for the exterior detailing, I am truly jealous of your project as the more I dig into the history of these vehicles the more fascinated I become.

regards

SImon