Progress on GPA#8787

Discussions & announcements

Moderator: bobassel

leo verhagen
C-SICK

Progress on GPA#8787

Post by leo verhagen » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:05 pm

Here is some progress on my GPA:

The nice thing of having 3 weeks off work for hollidays is that it provides some more time for the hobby then on normal working days.
After Peter's great job repairing my hull and bringing her home I started the building up progress. First I painted the inside of the hull with the first layer of OD paint by hand, before putting the frame back in. The frame was allready finished and painted, but before we did put the frame in, the bottom part of the frame was given an extra layer of paint, because when the frame is mounted, the bottom of the frame can hardly be reached with a spray-paint pistol.
Together with my father and using a hoist we then did put the frame back in. It all fitted well, Peter did a great job, and it was a good thing that we putted in the frame now and then while still repairing on the hull. It was more work putting the frame back in and out, put the extra work payed off now whit a great fit of the frame in the hull!

Last Friday my friend 'Diamond T wrecker owner' Henk Hulsman came over to do the spray-paint job. After a hard day of work (Henk found it unbelieveable how many corners and hard to reach places there are on a GPA) the paint job was finished.

Many thanks to Peter and Henk (it is good to have such friends) I can now show the results on photos:

Regards,

Leo Verhagen

http://communities.zeelandnet.nl/data/fordgpa/index.php

Ford GPA#8787 d.o.d. 27 Feb '43
Ford GPW#87243 d.o.d. 21 December '42
Willys MBT waiting for restoration

fordgpa
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Progress on GPA#8787

Post by fordgpa » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:22 am

Leo,

It looks great in green OD , now you only have to fit the axles ,driveline etc etc and you are ready .
Henk has done a great job

Leo keep on working and we can swim next year.

Peter

richardfs

Post by richardfs » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:03 am

Hi Leo,
Your GPA is looking good.

Keep up the good work. Not long now and you will be mobile.

Best regards
Richard

Donovan

Post by Donovan » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:03 am

Leo,

You are definitely farther along than me. Keep up the great work and hope everything goes together smoothly!

Donovan.
GPA 11374

GPA2196

Post by GPA2196 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:26 am

Leo,

SWEET :) You are on the downhill leg.

Cheers,
Tony