Need Volt. Reg. Data

Discussions & announcements

Moderator: bobassel

Donovan

Need Volt. Reg. Data

Post by Donovan » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:28 am

Hi Everyone,

I need your help. In my endeavor to understand the Voltage Regulator(VR) used on the GPA, I need to gather some info. I would like to have the Auto-Lite Model No. of the VR (should start with VRH-?????) that you have for your GPA along with the date/serial no. of your GPA. Please let me know if the equipment is original or has it been replaced (as far as you know).

One more thing, if I can have the model no. of your generator (I cannot read mine except for the GPA No., I need the Auto-lite Model No.) Please e-mail the info to mpdonovan@comcast.net.

Thank you for your time and I will relay back to the forum what I find out.

Thanks,

Donovan.
GPA 11374

leo verhagen
C-SICK

Post by leo verhagen » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:45 pm

Hello Donovan,

My GPA has serial GPA#8787 and this is the regulator that came with it, but since I bought it in pieces I cannot tell you if they belonged together originally :cry:

Another photo of the M29C regulater from our waterweasel, the difference is the number and the amps, 40 amps, the GPA regulator has 55 amps.
Regards,

Leo Verhagen

http://communities.zeelandnet.nl/data/fordgpa/index.php

Ford GPA#8787 d.o.d. 27 Feb '43
Ford GPW#87243 d.o.d. 21 December '42
Willys MBT waiting for restoration

Donovan

Post by Donovan » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:14 pm

Leo,

Can you please give me the Model number of the Voltage regulator that came with your GPA? How about the generator Model no.?

Also what is the model number of the voltage regultor from the M29C weasel? Generator Model no.?

Thanks,

Donovan.
GPA 11374

leo verhagen
C-SICK

Post by leo verhagen » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:54 am

Donovan,

I have two GPA regulators, model numbers VRH 4104 A1 (came with the GPA) and another one I bought later, model number VRH 4104 F1.
Can't find the model number of the GPA generator, the metal tag on its is too rusty, hope I can get it clean one day.

The weasel regulator has model number VAM 4104 B.
Can't tell you the model number of the M29C regulator either, no tag on it. All I know it is a late type, with a havier amp then the earlier models.
Regards,

Leo Verhagen

http://communities.zeelandnet.nl/data/fordgpa/index.php

Ford GPA#8787 d.o.d. 27 Feb '43
Ford GPW#87243 d.o.d. 21 December '42
Willys MBT waiting for restoration